'Escape Room' - Induction Idea

Hi

I am currently looking at revamping our Induction to make it more engaging, interactive and less information intensive as it sometimes can be. After recently experiencing an 'Escape Room'  I thought it would be a great way to get our new recruits to problem solve, communicate and form relationships whilst learning about the organisation

My question is, has anyone else introduced anything similar? If so, how did you go about creating the puzzles or have you managed to find a ready made game to use?

I would also be interested to know how this has worked for you, any feedback would be really helpful

Thanks

Kelly

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Kelly,

I think this is a brilliant idea, a great way to get people to interact and work with each other right from the off! 

Have you considered creating your own escape room, perhaps in a meeting room of your office? I came across these home made puzzles which may help you? 

https://lockpaperscissors.co/escape-room-puzzles

Let me know how you get on!!

Lucy

32 escape room puzzles you can build at home for $10 (photos)
    Simplified versions of pro puzzles you can easily craft into your 1st escape room. These hacks will make your escape game faster to create and save $…
    • This is kind of what we were thinking originally however, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to have our own permanent escape room  how fun would that be? :-) I had a quick look at these some great ideas

• That's a great resource Lucy. I wonder Kelly if you could you get existing staff to help make the puzzles so that you're doing a bit of engagement there both in terms of current team and in terms of them being 'on board' with the 'on-boarding' if that makes sense.

This reply was deleted.