In this webinar People Management expert speakers and practitioners to discuss feedback.
Feedback” is a common term, but is largely misunderstood and poorly managed. We tend to associate feedback with managers feeding back to employees. But feedback given by employees to managers is just as important. When feedback flows freely between managers and employees, people can work better together to achieve goals and ultimately meet business objectives. Research from the CIPD shows that 68% of CEOs surveyed last year said their employees’ inability to have difficult discussions and feedback conversations was preventing them from improving their companies’ performance and profits.
CIPD research* also shows that 31% of managers are reported as “fairly poor” or “poor” at on-the-job coaching – suggesting work needs to be done to improve communication between line managers and employees. So how can we make the process easier for everyone – and take the fear out of feedback?
In this webinar, brought to you in partnership with Halogen Software, we gather expert speakers and practitioners to discuss the following questions:
- What is the connection between feedback and performance?
- What exactly do we mean by a culture of feedback?
- Is this something all companies should aspire towards?
- How can we help managers become better coaches?
- How can we empower employees to provide honest feedback to managers?