CIPD Level 5 On-Line Course...Thoughts/Advice

Hi

After taking a year out from HR and I am now returning back into the profession and just about to click the button and register for the on-line Level 5 HRM course, however, I just want peoples' overall thoughts on the course? Was it what you expected, realistic times required for study and did you want to run and hide under the duvet when you started the course?

I want to ensure I am making the right decision as studied Level 3 back in 2011 and need to dust off some of the old study books.

Thanks 

Sue 

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just fully completed my Level 5 last month attending college one PM a week for 10 months. Personally, I found the course very insightful, challenging but more importantly the learning's I was able to take away in order to help me fulfil my career but apply them into practice. The only unit I was not fond of was the Using Info in HR, however Employee Engagement was my favourite!

• Hi Sue,

I'm currently studying the level 5 online programme and am finding it great. The facilitators are amazing, Gary is my personal facilitator and I can honestly say that no question is too silly (believe me I've asked loads!!). I work full time and the online programme fits in wonderfully, and I find that there is enough time to study.

Go for it!! :)

Jacquie

• Hi Jacquie

Thank you for the reply.  I do worry that after taking time off and not studying since 2011 I would fine it difficult, however so re-assuring to know that support is there if or should that be when needed and also finding the right amount of study time in between the work/life balance.

Sue :)

• Hi Sue,

I wouldn't worry too much, I hadn't studied since I was in the Royal Navy in 1991. Everything is clearly explained and the assignment brief webinars are exceptionally helpful, they talk through how to present the information, what they're looking for and give tips on what to look out for.

Like you I was really worried about going back to study after such a long time, but it's been great, it also helps if you've got a supportive employer too, but even if not, the support from DPG is excellent.

Jacquie :)

• Hi Jacquie

Can I ask did you continue with the assessments at your own pace, whilst still having access to the webinars, or did you have to work to a set timeframe with other cohorts?

Sorry for the all questions, I'm asking so many at the moment including pestering Gary Norris :)

Thanks 

Sue 

• I've tried as far as possible to stick to the timelines. But I did struggle with the second unit and more time to complete it was not a problem. Our webinars have all been recorded and uploaded online so access to them hasn't been a problem. (I also tend to go back to the webinars while completing assignments which I find really helpful. ) I'm sure Gary or one of the other facilitators will advise on flexibility for you. :)
  • Hi Sue

I'll second everything Sarah said!

Myself and the other Personal Facilitator, Kathryn Miller, become your first point of contact from the start date right to the end of the programme so do feel free to message me (and I'm sure Sarah wouldn't mind either) if you have any questions at all.

There is a Community Group specifically for online participants if you'd like to network their too: http://community.dpgplc.co.uk/group-hub/online-human-resource-manag...

Best wishes,

Gary

• Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply and link for online participants.  

When I previously studied with DPG many years ago the support was fantastic from facilitators and fellow students, hence why I have returned to study again, although this time on-line.

Can I commence before 4th September, however, still join the group on that day? As I would like the flexibility to commence and complete the course as and when?

Thanks 

Sue

• Hi Sue

There are options available so I'm sure we can accomodate. I'll send you a private message with the options. 

Have you spoken to one of our Programme Advisors yet?

Best wishes,

Gary

• Hi Gary

I wasn't aware there were options available.  I have been in contact with the advisors via email and was told I could start whenever although the 4th Sept was when a new group started?

I'll look out for your message regarding the options.

Thanks 

Sue 

This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search