360 experiment at LTSF17

It was Learning Technologies Summer Forum this week and I took the opportunity to have a play with 360 photos and video. I was hoping to have some footage ready to go and shared on the community by now, but it's been a busy week and I've not quite made it. However, there's a selection of photos just here. Of course, I'll be back soon to share more when it's ready.

It was really interesting watching some footage back of Jo Cook's session on Virtual Classrooms on the way home. There was so much more context than watching a traditional flat screen view. I could see Jo at the front but if I wanted to, I could pan around and look at the audience. This was really useful when I wanted to see where a question was coming from and not just hear it. 

As I say, I'll share some more when it's available but in the meantime I'm interested to hear from you. Have you yet experienced 360 video? How could this work from a learning perspective?

What questions do you have?

A 360 video screenshot. It's made up of two 'fish eye' lenses. The images are 'stitched' together as part of post-production process. Here's how it looks before it's stitched....

Here's a still photo of the opening key note.... have a pan around and see what you can see....

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ady,

So honoured that you wanted to experiment in my session, very pleased it turned out so well. Really interesting point about the audience speaker. With just the one recorded view of the speaker (which we did) you don't get the view of the audience. That entails at least one other camera (and camera person perhaps) then some significant editing. 

On a tech note, I can't see the second image working. It's very, very feint and black with no interactive options. 

Jo

This reply was deleted.

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?