It's CIPD ACE Conference on the 9th / 10th November at Manchester Central. We are officially launching our 100% online level 5 programme and to celebrate there is lots going on.
Mike Collins, head of learning solutions is giving a presentation to officially launch the programme. You can catch the talk on Wednesday 9th November, 10-10.30 in the HR Essentials area.
To celebrate the launch, we are also running a couple of great competitions. Firstly, we are giving HR and aspiring HR professionals the chance to get qualified for free by winning a place on one of our Level 3 or Level 5 programmes. People can enter the prize draw either through our website (www.dpgplc.co.uk/ACE2016) or by using their ACE voucher.
The second competition is our HR consultancy challenge directly from our new online programme. Be a top scorer in that and you could win £500 on each day of the exhibtion. In order to take part, come to stand C10 where we will be at the event – we will be there with flyers and you might also feature on the #DPGHRMASTER hashtag. Come and show us what you’ve got!
That’s some of the exciting stuff that we will be doing at ACE. What about the other HR movers and shakers? Margaret Heffernan, entrepreneur, chief executive, author and TED speaker, is the opening keynote speaker. Her address is titled ‘ Collaboration, Innovation and Creativity in the New World of Work’.
The conference programme consists of five big themes, or conference streams as the CIPD is calling them:
- HR Essentials. This is about improving the capabilities and values of the HR function. It includes insights into the most effective and current people management practices.
- Organisation Effectiveness and Change. This focuses on how organisations are successfully implementing change on an individual level and organisational-wide level.
- Performance and Talent Management. This will look at how organisations are working to develop successful, sustainable businesses.
- Science of Human Behaviour. This highly topical area will help HR professionals understand the people’s behaviours and drivers and how to increase performance and productivity.
- Future of Work and Business Insights. These sessions will demonstrate how technology and business change are transforming work
The sessions will run in different formats so that panelists can tap into the learning style that suits them best. There will be talks, which are thought leaderships sessions. Following Heffernan will be the inspirational trainer, coach and author, Steve Head, and the inspirational speaker and author Matt King, OBE, for example. Speaking under the ‘Performance and Talent Management’ conference stream, Head and King will be talking about ‘Making the 1% Difference: building performance and personal resilience’.
There will be case study events, panel events, workshops and a new feature – interactive sessions called HR in Dialogue. The new HR in Dialogue sessions will be delivered by HR experts but driven by attendees. One HR in Dialogue event will be ‘Becoming a Digital Learning Organisation to Support your People Needs’, with speakers from the CIPD, Sea Salt Learning and the former global head of L&D at Marks & Spencer.
To find out more about other events and speakers, download the event brochure at http://www.cipd.co.uk/events/annual/conference/seminar-programme.aspx
If you are going to the event make sure you come and say hello and be in with a chance to be the first ever #DPGHRMASTER