• Know what you believe in
• Have a clear vision of what you want to accomplish / achieve
• Approach adversity and stress with a sense of hope
• Let your belief and purpose carry you forward in life
Emotions that drain and stop you from creating a personal vision are frustration, inadequacy and anxiety.
Emotions that facilitate creating a personal vision are esteem, engagement and passion.
• Set yourself clear goals and objectives focusing on what you want to achieve
• Establish a plan that will accomplish your goals
• Ensure that the plan is made up of small, achievable steps
• Remain committed, even if events take you away from your plan for a short while
• Remind yourself of what you want to achieve and why
• Challenge your own self-limiting beliefs
Taken from "The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience; Strategies to Manage Stress and Weather Storms in the Workplace" - published May 2016.