- Create structures and methods to bring order and stability on your terms
- Set realistic goals for yourself
- Expect things to work out
- Manage the moment with calmness and clarity of purpose
Emotions that drain and stop you from getting organised are hopelessness, fear and discomfort.
Emotions that facilitate you getting organised are esteem, pride and enthusiasm.
- Create a plan or draw up a list of tasks
- Create systems and processes that make you efficient
- Be realistic about how you can manage your time
- Avoid putting off anything that eventually needs to be done
- Tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller chunks and start to work on them one chunk at a time
- Be aware of, and avoid, anything that you find distracting
Taken from "The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience; Strategies to Manage Stress and Weather Storms in the Workplace" - published May 2016.