The art of reflection..... It's a very important aspect of how the brain works and processes information.
The perception can be that reflecting takes time and it's a bit boring but like anything - practice makes perfect.
Learning is about habit and getting in to the habit of asking yourself some key questions can very helpful whether you are studying a professional qualification or just sitting down at the end of the day and thinking about all that has happened.
So you help you with this - here are 8 questions that will help you think about what you've done and what you can do next.
Think about writing a few CPD entries using some of these questions as the basis for some reflective work. You don't need to answer all 8 questions at the same time - rather dig in to them depending on the situation or task in hand.
1. When were you at your best today? What allows you be at your best? What stops you?
2. Has anything surprised you today, if so why?
3. What important thing did you learn today? Why was it important?
4. What do you want to learn more about, why is that?
5. When were you at your most creative, what's the reason for this?
6. Have you been curious today? How does learning feel different when you’re curious?
7. What are you going to experience / learn tomorrow? Why is it important?
8. How can you put in to practice and use what you know?