As an impact of the current economic climate we are currently seeing a huge change in the way we are funded through local government grants and collaborative partnership working and have to look at streamlining the administrative function we provide to run the charity. We need to reduce our fixed costs so over the next 3 months there are a number of things we need to achieve:
- Reorganisation of staffing / workload - We function currently on 2 full time employees including myself as Operational Manager and a Centre Director plus 6 part time employees
- Up-skilling the current team - as an essential requirement to become multi-skilled
- Contractual changes - In hours or redundancy "do individuals have the ability to do more?"
- Increase workloads - Redistribution of workload / working smarter not harder
- Location changes within the office with little cost - Implications that this could demotivate employees and minimising these risks
- Remaining positive - Providing a full service to our Counsellors and Stakeholder "Business as usual"
This all has to be completed in a very short space of time as well as keeping the team motivated which can always be a struggle anyway. It is going to be a huge challenge, but once completed I am sure we will see benefits across the organisation.
Watch this space!