It’s been a big week for me. I started my new role as Professional Development Community Manager – right here in this Community.
I’m happy to be open: I’ve done very little in the Professional Development Community (PDC) this week. Instead, I’ve been looking at my strengths and development areas and aligning them with my ideas for the PDC and DPG’s Values. I’ve been using a fantastically useful piece of software called CareerBurst – but more on that later.
The most important thing is that we push the PDC in the right direction – and here is where you come.
I’d like to open the gates on what you want the PDC to do (and what you don’t want it) So please reply to this post with any and all ideas.
Here are some that I’d like to see - if the demand was there from members:
- Let’s make the Community compatible with a phone app.
- A focused CPD, fortnightly video email evaluating recent CPD opportunities and letting you know how many minutes of your valuable time each CPD activity will take.
- A space where you can securely plan and log your CPD.
- A method to recognise key contributors to the PDC to improve trust.
- Evidence-based career advice to show you how to progress in your organisation.
- An Online library offering access to a range of ebooks relevant to DPG programmes.
Let me know which of those you like the sound of and feel free to suggest other ideas. Right, I’d better go and get the Events area updated – I hope to chat with you soon.