Emotion At Work Conference 2016

Emotions are a key part of what makes us human and yet they are something that we often suppress or ignore at work. While modern day work is less about life and death, that doesn’t mean we should leave emotions at the door. The common story of denying or suppressing emotion at work can lead to harm for individuals, teams and businesses.

Imagine how amazing work would be if we deliberately harnessed the contagious power of emotions to create a culture where people thrive as opposed to survive.

Emotion At Work is THE place to explore the theory, practice and reality of emotion in individuals, between people and in the workplace to create a world of work that is better, for everyone.

This is a one of a kind event where the value is in combining the insight from our world leading speakers plus space and time for you to make sense of the content and apply it to your work.
All our speakers are both experts in their field of Emotion At Work and practitioners who actively work with emotion. When we add a group of curious minds like yours, we have a combination that makes for an awesome event.

When? Thursday 9 June 2016

Where? Central London (venue tbc)

See the website for more details

If you want to get an idea whether the conference is for you or not the have a look at our short video titled: Who will benefit from attending.

Any questions or comments then please don't hesitate to contact me or Phil Willcox.

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great post! I'm a big believer in harnessing emotions for the benefit of all so I'm really looking forward to having my thinking stirred up and added to. Fiona or Phil, what would you say are some of the key challenges people might be facing in work that would make this conference worth attending?
    • Hey Helen, thank you for the comment and I think there are two big challenges facing those that are part of this community.

1) Employee engagement as my good friend Gemma Reucroft said in her recent blog. If you want to look past the 'strategies' and 'iniitiatives' that often surround it, fundamentally it is about how people feel. So, knowing how emotion shows itself in things like language and identity will help both HR & L&D folk be able to get a better handle on how people feel.

Similarly, well being, happiness and health are huge issues facing the world of work. Whether it be on an individual, team or company level, emotion has a massive role to play. Research shows that emotions have huge links into stress, burnout and mental health. Similarly, we deceive ourselves (and others) about these things because we may be scared to show or admit we are struggling. So looking at Emotion at work in self deception and burnout are going to help here too.

I hope that helps and any other questions, please let me know.

Phil
    • Hi Helen, thank you for your comment. Hopefully our video titled 'Who would benefit from attending?' will go some way to answering your question. Watch the video here! Thanks Fiona

This reply was deleted.