360 Degree Feedback

Hi,I was wondering whether anyone could share their experiences on the use of 360 degree feedback as part of employee appraisals?It's something my organisation are in the process of implementing alongside our current appraisal process and any advice or lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Sophie

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HI Sophie, our Company has just initiated this process also.  What we've found is that once the responses come in the answers weren't specific enough so if I can advise anything, it would be write one for Test purposes (as we did) and see what comes back.  For example, if a negative comment was made it needed to be backed up with reasons but the form didn't allow for that ditto for the positivies.  Hope that helps, Nic

• Hi Sophie,

My experience of 360 degree feedback was when I was with my last my last employer, and I did the process manually instead of using software which is so widely available now. The way we used it was to do that in conjunction with the reviews, allowing adequate time in-between that and the reviews so that people didn't feel overwhelmed, and provided training to the Managers how to use and manage the results for their team members.

It did prove a very interesting and beneficial process. However, there were some emotions provoked by some of the results, and as part of the training given to the Managers, we included how to handle and be aware of others emotions as well as their own.

Not sure if this is of any help :) 

Debbie

• No that's been a big help! Thanks for the feedback Debbie, I really appreciate it!

Sophie

This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search