Flexible Working

Hi All,

My company is looking to implement a flexible working policy, with something around being able to work from home 2 days a week, alongside core hours.

Does anyone have an example of this policy or similar? Would be really good to get an idea for this and to start writing it up.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Rushna

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Rushna

If you send me your email address I will send you a flexible working policy which should help.

My email is sarah.loates@dpgplc.com

Kind regards

Sarah

• Hi Sarah, 

Would it be possible to also send me this policy template?

Email address is: david@cancook.co.uk

Kind regards,

David

• Hi

I used to work at the University of Sheffield and they have clear guidance on flexible working. The employee can request working from home in the application form and this can then be approved by the manager (https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/hr/guidance/flexible/principles).

You could put in place a voluntary agreement to work from home, where people apply if they want to do this. You would need to be clear how it was going to work, i.e rota basis (if multiple people do the same job or per team), so that it is fair to everyone. There are organisations such as the civil service that allow working from home, but you would need to consider how secure this is (you may need to organise VPN, secure access etc) and be mindful of GDPR regulations if they are taking paperwork home, or printing documents.

There is some good advice in the ACAS website as well (https://www.acas.org.uk/homeworking) and a sample policy you could adapt.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Babs

Flexible Working - Guiding Principles - Flexible Working - Policies, Procedures & Related Guidance…
This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

What's Happening?

More…

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search