Hi all

I read this and thought this was an interesting non-financial benefit which Brewdog provides its employees (note it's just for dogs though not sure how cat and horse owners feel about this)

htthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39579540p://

It got me thinking as a business owner what benefits I provide my team.  As a small business it is always good to have something creative as opposed to something which has a direct financial cost

Some which I use within my Company or have heard of include:

End of month pizza Fridays

Your birthday as a day off

Being allowed the opportunity to come in late for work as long as you spent the time going to the Gym

Unlimited diet coke (may need to review this one however given the recent reports about how bad this is for you!)

What interesting benefits, non- financial rewards do you have in your Company it would be great to share and I feel a poll coming on ;-)

All the best

Sarah

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Sarah,

Interesting read!  There is an issue with the link - correct version is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39579540

I particularly like the idea of coming in late if you go the gym - I wonder if I can get that agreed where I work... Worth a shot!

We were discussing "pawternity leave" in our workshop a few months ago - I remember being really impressed that my classmates had that at their company.  I have to use annual leave where I work (no kids, but 3 pets).  I find it very interesting that companies are starting to see the benefit of offering this type of leave.

Thanks,

Janet

'Pawternity' leave - firms with unusual staff benefits - BBC News
    From giving staff a week's paid leave to look after their new dog, to the firm that pays towards its employees' weddings.
    • Thanks Janet for the info and new link I've posted the link again let's hope it works this time:

Yes I agree as a childless cat owner I would have appreciated time off for vet's appointments which sometimes I found difficult to get out of hours.  When you think about the psychological contract and the amount of unpaid overtime I used to work week in week out the flexibilty sometimes just seemd to be one way or in specific circumstances.

Here is the update link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39579540

All the best

Sarah

'Pawternity' leave - firms with unusual staff benefits - BBC News
      From giving staff a week's paid leave to look after their new dog, to the firm that pays towards its employees' weddings.
This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search