Hello!

Wondering if anyone has any tips. I work for a contact centre and we are looking to recruit (internally) a candidate for a Team Leader role to cover Maternity leave. 

Typically this has all been done face-to-face and through an assessment centre day with a number of people in attendance, but at the moment our workforce is spread out, working from home, and are trying to remain socially distant. We have not done anything like this since Covid hit last year, so are wondering if anyone has any tips from doing it themselves? Ideally we would like to include 121 interviews, role plays and group exercise(s). We use Microsoft Teams in the business, so would all ideally need to be done through that.

Any suggestions or advice very welcome!

Thank you!

Sally

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Replies

• Hi Sally

I might be a little late to the party here, I'm afraid but here goes.

I went to the CareerBurst platform and typed 'recruitment' into the search bar on the top right of the page and loads of articles came up!

https://www.careercommunitydpg.co.uk/client_style/DPG_Theme/default...

8892260854?profile=RESIZE_930x

Career Community
  • Hi Sally,

We recently did 1-2-1 interviews via teams where we sent the candidates a link to join. I’m not sure how it would work with group activities although, I have done training via Zoom where the host had access to send polls and split us up into smaller discussion groups and they could drop in and out of them but like yourself we use Teams within the business.

We sent an assessment via the Teams invite and password protected the spreadsheet and word doc so they couldn’t access it beforehand and then I sat with them whilst they completed the assessment on mute and turned my camera off. I was only there in case they needed any help and to observe really.  

Not sure if that helps but it is achievable. Only thing I'd advise is to update the links if the date/times are changed so that the candidate isn't waiting in the lobby!

Suki

This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

What's Happening?

Thomas Frank replied to TomHiddleston's discussion Features to Look for in a Time Card Calculator Tool
9 hours ago
Thomas Frank replied to Pearl King's discussion What advice do technology book editors have for aspiring tech writers?
9 hours ago
Anthony Anson posted a discussion
yesterday
rosy dam posted a status
What's up?
yesterday
rosy dam posted a status
Salutations!
yesterday
rosy dam posted a status
Howdy!
yesterday
rosy dam posted a status
Good evening!
yesterday
rosy dam posted a status
Good afternoon!
yesterday
More…

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search