We do love a good trend especially at the start of a new year when we look ahead to what's going to happen in a particular field 

eLearning is certainly one where the futurists like to look ahead and predict what's influencing design and development of both systems and design.

I like this list as it doesn't mention gamification that much!

Read on for a more detailed look at 

1. Automation - a great example of this type of automation in learning is Elephants Don't Forget
  2. Augmented Learning - having just bought a Samsung Gear VR I can really see virtual reality and augmenting learning making an impact in the not too distant future 
  3. Big Data - trends, patterns, analytics - how can be use data to inform our practices and pedagogy?
  4. Cloud Technology - Get the content to anyone, on any device at anytime....

Here is the article from eLearning Industry for more detail 

The 4 Hottest eLearning Trends in 2016

Do you agree with the list?

What's happening in your organisation with regards to eLearning?

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Replies

• Thanks Mike. A very informative delve into the intricacies of eLearning development and application trends upcoming.

I have been quite forunate within my organisation as their L&D department is just at its very early conception stages and it is pretty much about how i can best maximise eLearning strategies in a way that enables us to not just deliver training, but to effectively do this with the selection of compatible and easily accessible technology to both us (we are a small charity) and our clients out there.
  • Great list Mike.  I'd recommend  a look at Elephants Don't Forget to anyone wanting to avoid 'sheep-dip' compliance training - it's always comforting when one of the Regulators (Ofgem) has adopted their system and ways of working.  

I had them in to present a couple of times at my last organisation.  They're not cheap, but the time savings gained by not having to complete refresher training soon mounts up.  

Happy to have a chat if anyone wants to know more 

This reply was deleted.

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?