The L&D Forum

L&D trends for 2018?

I came across this article before Christmas and thought it worth a share.  Having re-read it, I can see these are all really relevant in modern day L&D practice, I do wonder whether these are in fact 'new' trends for 2018 or a continuation of what has come before?  Not to say that makes them any less important of course...

What are your thoughts? 

Which of these resonates with your L&D objectives for 2018 the most? 

Have you focused on any of these previously? 

Could 2018 be about adjusting and improving the way we approach these points i.e. doing what we already do, only better?

It would be great to get the conversation going on what your focus points for the coming new year will be....

1. Better alignment of L&D goals to business goals

2. More robust training measurement

3. Better and more flexible LMS

4. Curated content that covers a variety of relevant subjects

5. Training that meets learners where they are

6. Regularly updated learning content

7. Developing competencies for future roles

8. Emphasis on strengthening people skills

9. Instructors as coaches rather than facilitators

10. Leveraging training as an employee benefit

To read the full article click the link below:

http://www.gofluent.com/blog/learning-and-development-trends-2018/

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Kathryn.

Great share thank you. Number 1 is concerning! This has been popping up as a top priority for a number of years now. It's surprising that it still features and is clearly still a problem. I wonder where the root of this problem stems from and what can be done about this.

Looking forward to seeing what others have to say on that one particularly......

This reply was deleted.

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search

What's Happening?

Harry Brown updated their profile photo
yesterday
Chloe Patience updated their profile photo
Friday
Chloe Patience updated their profile photo
Friday
Chloe Patience updated their profile
Friday
We at The Ocean Partnership are very interested in your opinion on a topic is recruitment broken? Your opinion matters! I would be really grateful if you could let us know your thoughts by taking few seconds and completing 5 question survey.

https:…
Rasa Jastrumskyte updated their profile
Friday
Bianca Jones and Amanda Bell are now connected
Friday
More…