Smart Board for training

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking recently that I'd love to get a Smartboard/interactive board for our training room.

Does anyone have one currently? Or any plans to have one soon? I'd love to see how you use it in training and how it has impacted the way you work.

Many thanks,

Emily 

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Emily,

This is a question that lots of schools and other education providers have also been grappling with! Having been through the process of deciding whether to do this when working at a language school, I suggest the best thing to do is make a list of the things you want to be able to do using a board, whether digital or not, and analyse what can and can't be done without a smartboard, e.g. presenting slides, brainstorming, sticking post-its or whatever. It's worth really identifying what benefits a smartboard can bring, because if, for example, it's about saving and sharing a board-based brainstorming session, then that can be done by taking a photo with a mobile. 

At the school I was at, we ended up getting a device to provide some interactivity, called e-beam, which was much cheaper and did a good job of enabling digital interactivity on the screen. But that was very much focused on using the presentation software that came with textbooks. To be honest, I'm not sure it would be worth it, but it depends on your budget, of course!

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Luidia Inc.: Interactive Technology
    Luidia, Inc. makes eBeam technology - interactive whiteboard and collaboration solutions for education and business.
  • Hi Emily,

We have had a smart board for around 2 years now and we really love it. It's a fantastic way to share ideas and get the whole team together for training sessions. 

We also use it for monthly development meetings. I would recommend!

Thanks, Sian 

This reply was deleted.

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?