Our good friends and fantastic network L&D Connect are coming to Manchester to host the first Unconference in the City.
A fantastic opportunity to meet fellow L&D and OD practitioners in the North of England and keep your knowledge and skills at the cutting edge of todays profession. A great CPD opportunity is ever there was one!
Never been to an unconference? Read on to find out more..
About the Unconference
The theme is "Embracing Change in Learning Practice"
- What are the trends and technologies that are shaping the Learning landscape?
- What do we, as Practitioners, need to do or learn ourselves to prepare for changes?
- What are we already doing to support new or improved learning solutions in our organisations or client groups?
An Unconference means no speakers, no fixed agenda, no selling to or promotional activity.
We are setting aside a space to learn, experiement, network and reflect.
We are experimenting with an online tool called Slack to get introductions and ideas flowing to help shape the agenda, you will be invited to join when you book your place. There will be some loose facilitation to get things started but be prepared to input and make this event your very own.
About L&D Connect
L&D Connect is a virtual and real-life space for L&D practitioners and others in L&D/ organisational development to discuss the issues that matter most to them and their organisations.
The aims are simple - to create a space to
- Experiment with ideas & techniques with other practitioners - get feedback and think differently about what you produce
- Talk about relevant L&D/ OD issues
- Exchange ideas and support fellow L&D professionals
- Encourage networking & best practice sharing within the learning & development community
If you are new to Social Media, we will help you find your feet a little!
And not forgetting our Twitter hashtags . . .
Want to know more?
L&D connect runs on a not-for profit basis and the annual unconference and informal networking events attract a wide variety of practitioners.
Here is the amazing work that Martin Couzins from LearnPatch (and DPG Community L&D Zone facilitator) drew together from the Edinburgh Unconference in Feb 2014
If you have any questions please post them below or contact me directly.
If you have read enough and want to book your place then check out the EventBrite page with booking options below (There are only 10 early bird tickets left)
See you there!