Just want to pick your brains if possible...
I'm giving a presentation on introducing a skills audit into my organisation, I have a few questions just to help guide my thinking/reassure me I'm going along the right track -
- How would you introduce the skills audit so if effectively informs training needs?
- How will you capture the information gained?
- What will you do to ensure the identified training needs are addressed?
I have a few ideas already that I want to cover in the presentation:
- Match training requirements to the new/revised job description following the merger & identify any gaps against that
- Make sure employees are legally compliant where necessary and refreshers are booked in advance e.g. health & safety requirements
- Look at what technology/systems are available to help capture the information
- Get skills information from more than one source - manager, employee, company standard etc
- Obtain clear measurements of what the current situation is so you can assess and evaluate the progress/impact following the training at a later date
- Explore training options, not just training courses
Any help would be appreciated.