I am currently the site compliance training manager where I work, situated in the Quality Department, and am fast coming to the end of the development work needed for the site.
I have completed:
- the OD required, putting operational support teams in place
- devising 3 levels of curricula and training matrices so that compliance training for every individual can be defined and tracked appropriately
- formalising and embedding procedures for compliance training so that the whole site is compliant and we have appropriate competence records
- formalising procedures for ensuring the whole training cycle is managed and overseen by the compliance training team (including post training evaluation and future decision making)
- training out all the procedures, so responsibilities are understood by the relevant parties
- setting up appropriate training mechanisms to suit the learning needs of our staff and new courses to address the range of subjects required
I only want to:
- build and roll out a new LMS
- set up a few formal training accountabilities with some of the departments in the business (namely H&S and CI)
- audit the systems/procedures for OTJ training to ensure they are well embedded
and my site mission in delivering compliance training (for competent and confident staff to do their job safely and to the quality required) will be complete.
I am trying to develop my training co-ordinator such that she is capable of running the compliance training department and confident to do so.
When these latter few points are completed, I will have worked myself out of a job!
I have a number of ideas about what else the site needs, but they are outside of my current remit as site compliance training manager.
On discussion with my manager, he has just told me to consider that I have a blank sheet of paper to decide what to get involved in and to go back and discuss it with him...how exciting is that!
I think we are going to rewrite my job description to incorporate L&D, and possibly even career development on site and talent management as I am hugely interested in ensuring these things.
I wondered if anyone might have a JD which covers these things, that I could look at to help me formulate some ideas? I want to act on this quite quickly, as I think it is a great opportunity.
I am also really keen not to miss a trick. I suspect there might be things I could get involved in to the benefit of the site that I haven't even thought of, so if anyone has any other ideas please throw them my way. I would really appreciate everyone's help!
I work at a drinks manufacturing company by the way :)