The L&D Forum

Hi all,

I work for a large organisation and our IT and HR Departments are currently working on a strategic platform review. A LMS forms part of that review, but it's taking time for our parent company to reach a decision, and with lead times etc. it's looking unlikely that I'll see any movement on a new system this year.

I need to find an interim solution that enables me to host e-learning in SCORM format, track usage, completion and pass rates, and ideally has some form of user authentication linked to our employee eystem. At this point I don't need an all-singing all-dancing solution, just a basic system that allows me to host and report on e-learning until our LMS is in place.

Can anyone recommend a low-cost provider that can do the above please?

Many thanks,

Leanne

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HI Leanne,

It's been a while since you posted this. I wondered if you'd been able to move forward with this and any recommendations have come into you that you should share?

Would love to hear.

Thank

Ady

• Hi Leanne,

For a basic system that gets you up and running, City and Guilds Kineo have a product called Kineo Track. It's an 'off-the-shelf' (their words) solution that's a basic Moodle set up. They will implement and host for around £8k-£10k per year, which is pretty reasonable. They're pretty quick too.

Most companies will do something similar for around the same price and will run a Totara LMS. They tend to have pricing structures dependent on how many users you have. Generally, less than 1000 users is the cheapest. They will charge more if the range is up to 3,5 or 10 thousand users. 

I'm currently working with Webanywhere who are also pretty good in this regard. Both Kineo and Webanywhere charge separately for support, and this can get quite pricey if you need lots of support. It's best to implement basic stuff like this if you have people in-house that know their way around a Totara LMS.

Happy to provide contact details for some people to get in touch with from Kineo and Webanywhere if you like.

David

• Hi Leanne,  I'm looking for a LMS too so was interested to see what advice you'd been given...  :( 

I have some appointments lined up with 4 providers over the next couple of weeks, so it'd be good to compare notes with you.  Have you already selected a tool/provider?

Karen

This reply was deleted.

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search

What's Happening?

Harry Brown updated their profile photo
3 hours ago
Chloe Patience updated their profile photo
yesterday
Chloe Patience updated their profile photo
yesterday
Chloe Patience updated their profile
yesterday
We at The Ocean Partnership are very interested in your opinion on a topic is recruitment broken? Your opinion matters! I would be really grateful if you could let us know your thoughts by taking few seconds and completing 5 question survey.

https:…
Rasa Jastrumskyte updated their profile
yesterday
Bianca Jones and Amanda Bell are now connected
yesterday
More…