NEW VISA REGS 2015

HI Everyone

I've been doing some research around the new Gov regs for student workers.  I was hoping that you would be able to confirm my findings with me:

If a student is currently on a FE course and working then they can continue to do so for 10 hrs pr wk or what their stipulations are on their paperwork

New students coming in from August will not be able to work at all as per Gov.Uk rules however UKCISA are saying that they would be able to work 10 hrs pendant upon their biometric details

Those students who were sponsored by colleges who have had their licenses revoked should re-apply to another college and can continue working and have 60 days to do so

All students finishing courses must leave the UK within 7 days and re-apply if wishing to return from outside of the UK

The reason I am asking is that we have a number of employees who are on visas and I want to present to the SMT.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Nic

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search