PDP/Appraisal Template

Hi All ,

I have been tasked with setting in motion the Personal Development and Appraisal strategy and all paperwork - we currently do not have this in place at all .

I was wondering if anyone has any helpful pointers or links for completing this , and also if anyone knows of any templates I can look at for paperwok ???

Any help will be greatly recieved !!!

Many Thanks

Jade

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HI Jade. I'm Ady (rather than Andy - no N!!) Short for Adrian.

On a personal level, I'm really pleased that you have shared your question on this one. I'm fascinated by the great work that is being done by organisations like yours. I've seen some incredible levels of commitment and performance from academies. Our local one here is absolutely smashing it!

What interests me is that HR positions and departments exist within academy organisations which is in contrast to the majority of typical council led schools. This really shows up on the frontline in the standard of education and the effort in 'enrichment' activities.

I guess an appraisal process forms an important step in that commitment to getting the best out of all.

With the teaching staff having robust performance measures in place, I'm wondering how they are measured and appraised. Is there anything that can be learned from that group to take into the head office world?

• Sorry Ady !!

I do apologise ! , yes I agree we are lucky enough to have a part time HR assistant in all our academies , then there is the HR Manager and myself in the head office but our team is needing to grow quickly ! Which means challenging and growing ourselves !

I think the most useful tool in the PDP process for teachers is the fact they teach one or two lessons a year in front of a senior colleague assessing them and then have feed back from that (which also includes 30 teenagers , the hardest critics )!! . They also have very tight guidleines as to what they have to achieve and the targets they have to hit .So this is definately something we can reflect here !

Thanks again

Jade

• No worries. I get called much worse :-)

Definitely keep us all in the loop of how this progresses. It's very interesting. Great to see you've some good responses and loved Gary's mention of the webinar he did. 

This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search