Hi Everyone! 

Starting my CIPD (finally!!!) and hoping to connect and speak with people at the same point to discuss assessments but workplace pieces too - sooo who's with me?? 

Definitely been an interesting time to be in HR - work has been busy, confusing but, to the most point, a huge learning experience.

Looking forward to speaking soon!

Sian

You need to be a member of DPG Community to add comments!

Join DPG Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Charlene, started a group too! 

https://level5hrm-dpgstudents.slack.com/join/shared_invite/zt-fz8af...

There are some great resources on there! I am also going to create a covid channel for people starting out ~now. Once you join the slack channel, please drop me a message (you will be able to find me using my name) and I wiill add you to the channel. If there is a good turn out we can hopefully have zoom chats! 

Create Account
      Slack is where work flows. It's where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done.
  • Hi Sian, 

I too am starting my first assigment due to a hold up (thanks COVID) struggling to get to grips with things and would appreciate the help and support as we go though this :)

Amy

• Hi Amy, have set up a group - please do join :) 

https://level5hrm-dpgstudents.slack.com/join/shared_invite/zt-fz8af...

There are some great resources on there! I am also going to create a covid channel for people starting out ~now. Once you join the slack channel, please drop me a message (you will be able to find me using my name) and I wiill add you to the channel. If there is a good turn out we can hopefully have zoom chats! 

Create Account
      Slack is where work flows. It's where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done.
    • Amy, SNAP ! I am struggling with exactly the same issue, as I haven't been in education for years ! I think its just a case of submit and get the feedback and see where you go wrong ! 

Its nice to know that I am not alone though Amy

stuart

• Hi Amy, 

I am in exactly the same boat so to speak, started a while back but due to COVID I am just starting ! thank go I have 18 months left ! 

Thanks for you comment

Stuart

• Hi Stuart, 

Im the same - i started my first assigment e-lessons back in Feb and thought i was flying and had a good understanding of what was required...now im floundering and finding it really hard to get back into. The thing thats getting to me the most, is how to write the assignments and ensure im entering the right refrences and how to enter them! 

Amy

• Hi Amy

I started in feb too and am in exactly the same boat as you! Taken a few months off as incredibly busy at work but it's made me very apprehensive about starting back up again! 

• I've re-watched all the e-lessons and have attempted to start writing but im not sure im even on the right tracks now, it all seemed so clear in Feb! 

Hope you get your head round it easier than i am! :) 

• Hi Amy

My advice is to make sure that you watch the videos that explain the brief and then come along to webcast (see the Getting Support tab for details) where you'll be able to get information live from a DPG Facilitator.

:)

• Hi Sian,

Count me in! I joined a couple of weeks ago, and just at the begining stage. Group support, duscussions are going to be much needed. I have no direct HR experience, but very passionate about persuing career in this field. This is going to be quite a challenge, but perseverance will pay off! I look forward to learning and developing further in the HR field.

Best wishes

Tatiana

This reply was deleted.

Members

Click here to see a full list of members including our Facilitators.

Did you know that if you go to the list of members, the Members Online button will show you who is online right now? Why not say hello?

CIPD Branch Events

Did you know your local CIPD branch will put on relevant events that are free to CIPD members.

Take a look for your local branch here and what events are happening. Remember attending these events are great CPD evidence.

CIPD Branch Event Search